Saturday, January 1, 2011

365 days of living my Yoga

Handsome Husband, Blue-Eyed Boy, Legoboy, (BEB and LB are my 7 and 8 yo stepsons!), Sadie, Lucie, and I are all snuggled up on our couch right now just about to watch "How to Train Your Dragon".  We have had a spectacular start to the New Year today.  I started my day with Baby-mama Yoga with Edie (75 minutes of bliss - today she told us she would like to open class to post-natal mamas too!!! I am thrilled!) while the boys hung out at home in their pjs, and the rest of the day has been snuggling, scruffling, naps, playing, cooking and eating, Rose Bowl Parade watching, Syracuse Basketball watching, and experiencing that wonderful renaissance that is the excitement and inspiration of a new year.

Anyway, I thought I would put this out into the cyber-ethos to help me solidify this idea. I am inspired by Yoga Journal's 21 Day Challenge, but I would like to do my own 365 day challenge! One year of daily yoga practice.   I know, I know what you are thinking... New Year Resolutions last a week and fade.  I do think this is possible and I do believe that I can do this! Here's the secret - I think about Yoga and living Yogically every day,  I DO yoga every day, but not always with an intention and purpose.  My goal is not necessarily about a 90 minute daily asana practice (though I do hope to keep up the asana practice I have cultivated, even when the lil' one is here, particularly with the continued inspiration from the fantastic Yogis and Teachers and Mentors at CNY Yoga), but rather, setting aside time every single day to mindfully do the yoga I do already, but with intention and focus. I want to mindfully practice Pranayama (breathing) every day, Meditation or a moment or moments for self-reflection and connection every day, some Asana (stretching and movement, but with thoughtfulness) every day, and I want to keep, close to my heart, the intention of living joyfully and in love and sharing joy and love with my family - all of those who are snuggled up with me right now about to watch "How to Train Your Dragon". 

Love and joy to you on the start of this New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment