Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Love at First Sight

It is confirmed, yet again.  I believe (oh, I Believe!) in love at first sight. Yesterday, with HH (Handsome Husband) holding my hand in radiology at Community General, we met our daughter via ultrasound! She kicked and turned and threw her hands up and soundlessly sang songs as her lips moved open and closed.  We saw the four chambers of her heart, the two halves of her brain, the teeny-tiny bones in the curve of her spine, and an umbilical cord that created a miniature treble clef.  We were grateful for her immodesty, as we know now that She is a She!







































How is it that I am in love, so desperately, with this little creature whom we have seen in blurry black and white only?  I don't know, but I will tell you it was one of the most thrilling, wordless, breathless, tearful experiences of my life.

                        

No comments:

Post a Comment